Monday, February 27, 2012

the weekend + brussels sprouts

Addison and I had a fun weekend spending time with friends and family. Christina came into town again for Drew's track meet. It's so fun to watch someone run that I actually know, even if they aren't running for A&M :) We had to leave the track meet a little early on Saturday so we could head to Katy for the night. Katy is only a little over an hour away but such a nice break from College Station. I wish I had taken some pictures, especially when my husband and I broke out our dance 'moves' on the WII dance game. On Sunday we went to Dallas and Ashlee's church to watch Annalee's baby dedication. It was so special to be there for this, it brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful that the Lord led me to someone that is not only strong in his faith but his family as well. It was so amazing to hear all those couples say that they will be raising their children in love-filled Christian homes. After church we ate a really good barbeque restaurant and hit the road to come back home. 

Now for the brussel brussels? sprout salad. I got it from here and it turned out just as good as it looked. 

The ingredients:
24 brussels sprouts (19 came in a bag at the store)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I didn't use this much...even though I wanted to)
1 cup toasted walnuts ( I never knew how much I loved walnuts! I also didn't use this much)
9 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

basically all you do is ...
wash your brussels sprouts.
cut off the ends and slice.
 put the sprouts in a big bowl.
toast the almonds. 
 mix dressing together.

put everything on top of the brussels sprouts and mix!

We had a ton of leftovers so it looks like I'll be eating this for lunch as well! If you like brussels sprouts try this recipe, it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment