Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Bathroom and Sneak Peak of the Nursery

Tatum's bathroom is completely finished!  Since we do not have a shower in our master bathroom, we were walking across the house (not a long distance) to shower in the extra bathroom in our sitting/dining room.  Well, now that Add has her bathroom finished we just walk down the hall and shower in hers.  We're not really sure how this will work out once she gets her since we won't want to wake her up but we'll figure it out.  Here is the old and new bathroom!
There was a stand-up shower in the back left corner of this picture. 
Above the toilet. 
"Hello Beautiful" print and you can see the real colors that are in the hand towel.
Finally a bathtub/shower combo! 
We love the way everything turned out.  Another project down!
As far as the nursery goes, I started with the wall colors.  Three light pink walls and one brighter pink.  Add took out the carpet and refinished the beautiful hardwood floors and painted the trim after the quarter round went up.  Next, to tone down the walls I did plain white cotton curtains with a tiny bit of texture. 
I am in love with her rug and rocker/ottoman!
I have a thing for all things linen and before we even knew if this baby was a boy or girl I knew I wanted a comfy linen rocker that would last through the years and would function just fine in another room of the house if needed and for either gender.  The rocker can be turned into a chair as well.  Add and I absolutely love it and can't wait to rock our sweet girl, but for now, Millie loves being rocked like our baby.
This giant giraffe makes us laugh but it really is pretty cute in the corner of her room. The extremely soft teddy bear and Jenny Lind rocker were a sweet gift.
I ordered these four prints (that are waiting to be hung until after we get her furniture back next week) pretty much right after we found out we were having a girl.  Three of them are verses and one has a "T" on it with her name at the bottom.  They add color and a little personalization.  I'll update more on these later!
I got this is as a gift from GayGay (my mother-in-law) for Christmas to hang all her bows on!  I knew as soon as I got it exactly where it needed to go and I had Add hang it as soon as he could.  We don't actually use that light switch and it has always bugged me so hopefully the ribbon and bows will cover it up.  

Last but not least, I am in love with this sweet lamp that my mom and I found on sale.  It will eventually sit on a side table that is next to her crib.  The base is white, the flower is cream and the shade pretty much matches her rocker perfectly when the light is off.  

That's all the sneak peaks I have for now!  My mom has been awesome in helping me get her room together.  She has an eye for things that I would have never even seen and I can't wait to tell T that her grandmother had a huge part in all of it.  (Even though I'm sure Tatum already knows because grandma talks to her quite often.) I often find myself sitting in her rocker wondering what it will be like to actually have her in my arms.  I hope she loves her room as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. Funny how an area of the house can look so different with some changes. Your new bathroom looks elegant and very well-made! How long did it take you to finish everything? Make sure to regularly check areas that might need repair. Good day!

    Essie Reed

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new bathroom definitely looks more classy than the previous one. It has a modern take, but it's gorgeously way better that way. To top it all off, the nursery looks adorable as well. I can just imagine how lovely your home looks. In any way, thanks for the tour, Charlee Ann! All the best to your family! :)

    Rick Greer @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete