Thursday, January 9, 2014

30 Weeks

Wow, almost 31 weeks already!  We have been in the 3rd trimester for a couple weeks now and just entered the 8th month!  I can honestly say I have no idea where the time went, but I hope it slows down once our sweet girl gets here.  Since we got home from Taos on the 2nd, we Addison has made lots of progress on the nursery.  After putting quarter round around the trim and a fresh coat of paint to go with it, the floors are completely done!  Thank you Add and Pa for getting that completed! Curtains are hung, rocker/ottoman are finally in her room, the furniture should be done getting painted any day now and we still have to find a rug, but it is finally starting to look like a nursery!

On Monday, I had a doctor's appointment and it went really well.  I can't thank the Lord enough for such an amazing and uneventful pregnancy.  Even when I think I feel bad I know there are women going through things much worse.  My blood pressure has remained great my whole pregnancy, weight gain is still in the healthy range (phew!), Tatum was a little thing at first but has now caught up and is actually measuring a week early (we'll see how that turns out), her heart rate was 140 and her head is down!  Just a few more weeks of gaining some chub and little girl will be ready to make her debut!  There are so many people waiting on you sweet girl. 

In other news, my mom, cousin Keri and I went and registered today!  It was a little tiring thinking of everything that she will need.  I was glad I had Keri with me to think about things like baby Tylenol and such.  This way I will have one giant list of almost absolutely everything we will need for her arrival.  Such an exciting time.  I have been extremely thankful for my sister-in-law Ashlee, cousin Keri and my life group leader, Kendra, for helping me out and letting me know things that worked or didn't work for their little ones.  I can't wait to start a list of my own favorite things once she gets here.   

Tomorrow, I will be heading to Dallas for one last girls trip before little miss makes her debut.  Since I wasn't sure exactly when I have to quit traveling we thought we better be safe than sorry and go in January.  I can't wait to get in some girl time, go shopping and also see one of my best friends, Lauren that lives in College Station that will be meeting us there!  Dallas here we come!

At 30 weeks:
How far along: 30 weeks, 5 days
Due date: March 15 (hopefully sooner...one can wish, right?)
Size: 15.71 in, 2.91 lbs.  Size of a cabbage.
Cravings/Aversions: No strong cravings or aversions.
Sleep: Sleep?  What's that?  I have had a very hard time getting to sleep and when that finally happens I usually wake up at least every couple hours to either go to the bathroom or roll over.  This week I have stayed awake from about 4:00-6:00am just laying in bed sitting straight up to give my hips a rest.  Reading the last book in the Hunger Games makes those early morning hours go by faster when your in pain.  When Add leaves for work I take up the whole bed and stretch forever to try and get the soreness out.  I have always thought the hardest thing about having a baby would be the lack of sleep.  Now, I know it will still be way different when she actually gets here and is screaming her head off at 3am, but I definitely think the Lord is molding and preparing me for that lack of sleep now which I am so thankful for.  Poor Addison usually wakes up with me and has been quite tired this week as well.  
Movement: She is moving, kicking, hiccuping and rolling like crazy.  I will feel her kick my right hip bone and then instantly kick my left rib cage.  She is crazy.  Sometimes I wonder if she ever sleeps in there.  It seems to me that she is very very active but I don't have another pregnancy to compare it to.  I can't wait to see what she will be like once she gets here.  
Maternity clothes: Definitely in all maternity clothes.  Some of my maternity tops are even too short now.  How is that even possible?  I just need a few to get me through the next 9 weeks and I'll be good.  I have told myself over and over again that a summer pregnancy is definitely the way to go next time.  Floating in the pool, maxi dresses and flip-flops (oh how I miss not grunting and getting out of breath every time I try to put my socks and boots on) is sounding pretty good right now.
Best moment this week: Finishing the floors in T's room and nailing down a date for her shower!
Next appointment: January 20th.  We have moved to appointments every two weeks.  I hope this makes the time fly by!



No comments:

Post a Comment