Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hittin' the highway

This past Thursday we hit Highway 6 again to go home for Abe and Courtney's first wedding shower! We went home Thursday so we could spend some time with my parents before the busy weekend. They wanted to go out to eat so I suggested Perini's :) I tried to get a few pictures of Add and I because we really haven't taken that many at all this semester. 

Friday I ran some fun errands with my mom and Mawmaw (my mom's mom). We went to the mall, Jordan Taylor, and the cute new custom flip-flop store in Abilene. Friday night I headed over to Addison's parents house where they were doing some landscaping and putting in a sprinkler system in the new house. There was a bit of a sickness going around so Addison didn't have a very fun Friday night. Saturday he worked a little bit outside and then took a nap and slept until around 4:30. Luckily he woke up refreshed and ready to go! The wedding shower, Saturday night was so pretty, they couldn't have asked for a more beautiful evening. 

Can you even handle this little girl in her cute pink ruffle outfit? I couldn't, I had to get a picture. 

Sunday we played with Annalee for a while longer and talked more about some job details/budget/married life in Abilene and watched The Bourne Identity. Annalee was hilarious watching TV.

Last but not least, Addison starts work in Abilene at FDLIC on May 21st!! We will move home the week after he graduates and will spending the next 6 or so months living in his parents barn apartment until we can find a place of our own. We are so thankful that they are willing to let us live there. We have been praying for a job opportunity like this for a very long time, not even thinking that we would be lucky enough for it to be in Abilene. We feel SO blessed for Addison to be working for a company like this with really endless possibilities and amazing benefits. The only downside is that I will be having to move back to College Station for the month of July to finish up my campus time here at A&M. I will be so happy when we are all settled in and making a life in Abilene. The Lord has been so good to us during our first year of marriage and we know that it will continue to get even better! 

1 comment: