Monday, March 5, 2012

Last piece, I promise!

Remember this from this past weekend? Well as I am eating my last piece I will share with you this delicious recipe that I found from here


First, the only to shop for the ingredients for this recipe is to get a pedicure and then walk around HEB wearing the disposable flip-flops they give you. Here is what you'll need:
1 box of white cake mix
3 tbs flour
1 (3 oz) box strawberry jello
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped up
4 eggs
Combine cake mix, jello and water. Add oil and eggs, one at a time, beating well between each. Add chopped strawberries, beat for 2 minutes. Pour batter into well greased 9x13 pan  or 2 circle pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-45 minutes. 

For the icing:
1/2 stick butter
4 oz cream cheese, softened (or 1/2 of a  1 (8oz) cream cheese package if your confused)
5 oz pkg frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar (add more if needed)
Put in a mixer, mix well and pour over cake!

It sure is yummy! Now go make it so I won't feel so guilty eating almost the whole cake. :)

Keri inspired me when she told me that for the whole month of February she didn't eat any sweets or drink any sodas. If you know us at all you know that is HUGE. We are pretty much the same person when it comes to Dr. Pepper and sweets. Anytime we are together you can probably guarantee both of those will be included. So for this month starting...tomorrow...and through April 6 I will not be drinking ANY sodas or eating ANY desserts (my real weakness is when we go out and I want both) so I will be making even more meals at home and eating no real sweets or desserts. I will keep you updated and you have to keep me accountable! Ok Mom and Keri?! Because I'm pretty sure you 2 are the only ones that read this. 

Please continue to keep me and Add in your daily prayers as we are very anxious about our upcoming life changes (moving, graduating and many more important decisions coming our way).  
Thank you and bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment