Sunday, March 9, 2014

38 Weeks!

**Disclaimer: This post is about 5 days old but thought I would go ahead and share anyways!  I will be posting week 39 in just a day or two!

Well, I started this post at 4:53 AM this morning if that tells you anything about how I am sleeping this week.  I quickly remembered that my husband was trying to sleep next to me so I stopped typing and browsed Pinterest for the next 45 minutes.  Needless to say, I am more than ready for this little girl to be sleeping in her Moses Basket instead of in my belly. On top of not sleeping well, I have also had a little cold of some sort.  Ran a little bit of fever, body aches, sore throat and tired.  I think my immune system and body have just been physically getting run down these last couple of weeks.  

My appointment on Monday (March 3rd) went well but didn't show much progress, if any, from last week.  Dr. M still gives me hope of getting to go into labor by telling me this is normal and things could change in a matter of minutes.  I have a feeling little girl wants to stay nice and cozy until her due date, which even at that, means we have less than 2 weeks until we meet her (now about a week at the most)...such a short time in the scheme of things.  I have to remind myself of this multiple times a day.

Add and I are going about our days and life as normal as possible.  We still have some things to get done in the nursery and around the house but I have to wait until Addison can help me and our nights and weekends have been completely full lately.  I am definitely ready for some quality time just me and him before Tatum gets here, which I hope we will get the chance to have this weekend (which we did and we got a lot completed!) in hopes that she will come on her own next week.  I have sort of accepted the fact that everything I wanted to get done (clean out every crevice of the whole house, basically) will not be done before she gets here.  Addison has to remind me that we will still be able to do most everything we did before Tatum gets here, just needing to prioritize those things a little differently.  I am definitely in nesting mode and want everything perfect, clean, straight and organized but am accepting that the fact that with my lack of energy and lack of ability to do a lot of things with a huge belly, things will just have to perfect as they are right now.  
The only picture I got last week...had to steal this one from my mom so I wouldn't have another picture-less update. 
38 Weeks
How far along: 38 weeks
Due date: March 15th (9 days!!!)
Size: She should be around 19.6 inches and the doctor said she is about 6 lb.'s.
Sleep: It is getting pretty hard to sleep.  Tuesday night (early morning) I was up for over 2.5 hours, partly because my hips were (are) killing me and partly because I was thinking about all the things we still have to do before she gets here.
Movement: 7:00-8:00 PM is when she really gets going rolling around and stretching those little legs out.  It still amazes me every single time and I know I will miss this one day!
Symptoms: Lots of pressure, lower back and abdomen pain and pretty swollen.  I can't wait to wear my wedding ring again.  
Cravings/Aversions: Still have my cup of orange juice every morning. 
Maternity clothes: What's most comfortable, of course, are sweatpants.  Still working with the same pair of jeans that I cannot wait to never wear again.  (Until baby #2 I guess...)  Wearing the same tops over and over again.  Feeling like a balloon that could float away at any moment if I get more swollen or eat one more dessert. 
Best moment this week: My mom and I got to see Tatum one last time on Monday before she is born.  It was more of a surprise sonogram, as Dr. M wanted to make sure that she was still head down, and she was!  It was harder to make out her body parts as only a few of them fit on the little sonogram screen now that she is so big, but she got some great shots of her pouty lips and perfect face.  
Next appointment: Monday, March 10th.

-I have Tatum's bag packed and ready to go!  Mine and Add's are pretty much packed, just have to throw in toiletries at the last minute and we'll be ready to go!
-Still needing to do a few things in the nursery but with Addison's crazy schedule, it will all have to wait until this weekend. (Got it all done on Saturday!)
-Trying not to wish this time away, but we are very ready to meet our little girl!

**As I reached 39 weeks on Saturday, our hopes of her coming early are dwindling.  I have had absolutely no contractions and have not progressed much at all.  I am really having to cling to the fact that the Lord is never a day early or a day late.  His timing is PERFECT.  He knows the exact day, hour and minute this little girl will make her entrance into the world.  Even though I am tired of having a big belly, hip pain, swollen everything, sore feet and just plain tired, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  The Lord has truly blessed mine and Addison's relationship through this whole thing and taught us what life is truly about.  We cannot wait to meet our little miracle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment