Monday, October 17, 2011

I can feel you Fall!

With temperatures here in College Station below 80 degrees this week, this means that fall is finally here! Fall to me means, colder temperatures, cute fall clothes, pumpkin spice lattes, big sweatshirts and tights and lots of comfort food! Now back to the first meaning of fall...fall clothes. I LOVE dressing for fall/winter, it makes me so happy. Being married however has made me realize that I can do other things with our money than buying cute new fall clothes, so I have opted out of a Fall shopping trip this year. However, when I was home a few weeks ago I just so happened to find a JCrew giftcard laying around the house. It was my lucky day. So to add to my closet here a few new Fall pieces I am waiting on to reach my doorstep...

This cute top in navy

And this one in black and white (Addison said he is going to call me his little jail bird)

So with all that being said, I am super excited to start dressing for colder weather. Colder weather also reminds me of football! We haven't had a cool football game yet but here is a picture of last weeks from the white-out game.


Still in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. 

This was the event for Saturday, like usual. Going back a few days...this past week was a very busy week for me and Addison with tests and work. Somehow we always get through them though! Weekends are really mine and Addison's time to be with each other because we are so incredibly busy during the week. We also like to spend time with family on the weekends whenever possible. Friday night Addison and I went out to eat with his parents and some of his friends at Fish Daddy's and it was very good! Saturday after the game we relaxed at his sisters house and had good food and fellowship. Sunday we went to church, starting with our Sunday school class. There are about five other couples that are in the class but we just so happened to be the only couple to show up. We got a "private lesson" from our Sunday school leaders. I mean how often are Addison and I going to ever get a chance again to be vulnerable with two other couples that are in their tenth year of marriage or so and learn about what a Godly marriage should look like.  It was so awesome. We talked about what the Bible says about communication, we really got a lot out of the lesson and continued to talk about all the way home. We were pretty lazy the rest of the Sunday and went to bed pretty early because we always have early morning Mondays. 
Addison had work and class today...I babysat from 9-5 like every Monday and then made this delicious meal for dinner...


Ok so it doesn't look like much but it was good! All it is is 2 cups shell pasta, 2 cups picante sauce, 2 cups chicken and 2 cups mexican cheese all mixed together. Cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. So simple yet so delicious! Addison is at the library and I have a test tomorrow which means I need to be studying instead of typing...I love how blogging can take my mind off of things for a while. Now back to reality. 

Hope you have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment