Thursday, March 7, 2013

Update: Part 2

It's been almost two weeks since I've posted, not too bad considering last time was over four months....I left out a few things from January.  We celebrate my sweet Daddy's birthday.  My mom threw him a surprise birthday party with most of his buddies.  It was the week before my mom's surgery and she knew he wouldn't get to see his friends for a while so she had them all out to eat mexican food and sing happy birthday.



So our house has become one huge work in progress.  We started with the master closet right when we moved in, partly because when we put all of our clothes on the racks, they all fell down.  Then we moved to sort of fixing up the living room.  We got our love seat and chair recovered (hand-me-downs) to match our couch  little better and a few new pillows. Remember the awesome entertainment center Add and his uncle made me?  We are going to add doors to the front so they will match the kitchen doors, which leads me to the kitchen.  Addison and his dad have worked very hard to give me the perfect kitchen for our first house.  When we moved in the floors were linoleum and once our dishwasher leaked it all started to peel up.  We decided to immediately start saving so that we could redo the whole thing.  Our countertops were pretty hideous as well, in my opinion. Addison, his dad and uncle started with the cabinet doors.  We didn't have it in our budget to completely rip out the cabinets and do custom made ones so they literally just took off the doors and added a piece of trim and breadboard in the middle.  I found a lot of pictures on pinterest of people doing that to ugly cabinet doors so I thought I would see how it looked.


A bad before and after.  I will post better pictures when it is all done. 

They now have a new coat of white paint and door handles.  See the countertops?  Yikes.  Our beautiful granite went in Monday and our tiles guys are working had to finish the floor backsplash by Saturday.  We went with a more grayish, white and specks of black granite with a grey and creme stone backsplash.  The granite looks awesome, can't wait to see the rest!  Our last step will be to buy a range and we'll be cookin'....literally.  We still have all three bathrooms to redo so it will be a while before we get everything done.  We have a hard time taking a "breather" before we start the next project, but I think our bank account needs a rest.

At the end of January we (Human Resources) moved to a new office and I finally got my own area.  I use to be in a closet all by myself so you can imagine how excited I was to finally have my own desk!


Shortly after we moved into the new office, I got a phone call from my daddy letting me know that my great-grandfather, Pawpaw (Eldon Roberts) passed away.  He was more special to us than anyone could have ever imagined.  He was also my Grandmama's daddy and he kept her sweet spirit alive.  He was 94 years old and one of the sweetest, Godliest men I will probably ever know.  I am so thankful that I got to spend twenty-two years of my life knowing him.  I feel like that is so rare these days to have a great-grandfather surpass both grandfathers.  I am so happy and thankful though that he is with Jesus now dancing with a new hip ;)  

I'll end with a few funny pictures of little Trenty, my younger older brother.  



I'll end with a few funny pictures of little Trenty.  The first is his coloring his mommy a pretty picture to put in her room.  The second is when he filled out the board for the nurses, he's so sweet, (I'm sure they hated us) and third is Trent trying to break into the nurses station.  Life without him would be so boring, I'm glad we had him to entertain us all while we were stuck in the hospital room.


No comments:

Post a Comment