Friday, June 15, 2012

Life In Abilene

I apologize for the lack of pasts over the past month or so, it has definitely been a hectic few months! This will be a long update because there is so much to be updated! As you know Addison got a new job here in Abilene at FDLIC and is loving it so far. It's convention time right now so he has been traveling like crazy from California to Pennsylvania, he has become a well-traveled man! He got home yesterday from Hershey, Pennsylvania and brought me home two giant Reeses. One is already almost gone. We have been getting settled here in our new home and love it! It's fun to be on the opposite side of town than we grew up in. It feels like a different Abilene. We eventually want to make our way back to the Wylie side though when we have kiddos (not for a while). I'll now take you back to when we moved in and work my way to where we are now.

Addison graduated May 11 in Reed Arena from Texas A&M. I felt so proud to be his wife. 
Graduation ceremony in Reed Arena
His name in the program
At the graduation party for Add and Abe at Misty's house
Trying on his hat :)
After graduation we made our way to Corpus Christi to help Abe and Courtney move in to their new house! Abe got a great job there and they were so excited to be moving to the beach! There were about 12 people there to help them get everything moved in. It took us Friday night through Sunday afternoon  and we got everything (including the yard) moved in and it looks great! Add and I can't wait to come visit them and have a little vacation! 
Riding on the mattress in the back of Corie's tahoe
When we got back to College Station from Corpus, Add and I and a few others helped us pack up the rest of our stuff and we were off to Abilene the next day. We closed on the house that Monday morning at 8:00, got our keys, moved everything in and immediately got started on the front yard.



We are officially proud home owners!
First meal in our new house
Addison going at the bushes
Gaygay trimming up the bushes
Courtney supervising 
The moment when we found out that we had AMAZING sprinklers
Mom brought over magazines to start decorating
The interior decorator 
The following weekend we had a party for my brother Trent, for graduating from Texas Tech! He just moved to Midland to start his new job!

Pawpaw and Trent
The following Monday, Addison started his new job.
1st day of work!
May 25th-27th some girls and I headed to Lake Austin for one of my best friends Bachelorette Party. It was so great to relax the whole weekend and be some of my favorite girlfriends.

All the girls minus a few

The following weekend Cali married Kaleb in the front yard of a beautiful cottage. I felt so honored to be able to stand up there next to her, I will cherish those memories forever! It was the perfect night for an outdoor wedding and reception.
Me and some of the girls getting some last minute rays before the rehearsal.
The bride and groom and their rehearsal dinner. 
Me and my man at the rehearsal dinner 
Getting ready for the wedding!
Rehearsing
The married couple! Loved the vintage theme. 
Father/daughter dance

The next weekend (last weekend) we had Abe and Courtney's wedding weekend. I helped the other sisters set up for the rehearsal dinner at the Ball Ranch and we had a fun lingerie shower for Courtney at her parents house. I also got to spend a little baby time with Annalee which I always love!





The wedding and reception were both beautiful and I was so happy to be apart of it. I also gained a fourth sister-in-law in less than a year. I am so excited for more fun times ahead!


The following morning we headed to the barn (Addison's parents house) for a birthday celebration for Memaw Green who turns 80 this week!

Another thing that I have really loved since being back is spending time with some of my favorite kiddos.




As for now, Addison is in full force work mode and I am taking two classes online this first summer session. Our house is coming along slowly but surely. We are so thankful for all the people that have helped us get to this point. We are so happy and feel so at home back here in Abilene. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I leave to go back to College Station in a few weeks to finish up two classes on campus and then I'll be back for good! We also can't wait to get more involved in Beltway and meet some new couples to share our lives with. I will try and keep you more up-to-date on our lives as it is changing so quickly!



No comments:

Post a Comment