Monday, May 7, 2012

our busy week!

The past week has been nothing short of crazy! Since the buying of our house it is really hard for me and Addison to concentrate on anything else. The only bad thing about that is this is the busiest time for both of us before we move back. However, before it got too incredibly crazy we took some time and went to celebrate at Cheddar's with a good meal and some yummy drinks.

I finished my class of the semester last Monday, Addison finished Tuesday, and what a great feeling that was! Tuesday I had nothing to do but get ready for finals and do a little more packing. Addison had to work, of course. This is a really busy time at the bookstore for him. Wednesday, I babysat these two sweeties for the last time until I come back here in July.
Julia and Emma--2 years old.
Friday, I babysat Jake, Levi and Jency from morning until my final at 3:00--don't worry I got some studying in on Thursday. I also wasn't too worried about the final in the first place, it is a pretty easy communications class. Addison and I went and saw "The Five Year Engagement" friday night. All in all it was a pretty good light-hearted movie. We just wanted to get our minds off of the daily grind and spend a little time together. Our Saturday consisted of more studying, work for Addison, and a little TV watching when we needed a break.
Jency girl--on Friday
having to use a box as a pillow--all the pillows are packed up
study, study, study
Saturday night we headed over to Misty and Frank's for some yummy steak shish-kabobs and to play with the kids. We sure are going to miss Misty's good cooking when we move to Abilene.

Sunday we headed to church for quite possibly the last time here in College Station. {until I move back in July for a month} So....I feel like I have talked about our Young Married class fairly often, how much we love it, the teaching is awesome, the people are all so great, fellowship outside of church is always fun...well seems as if we weren't too social according to a couple that asked if it was our first time in the class. "umm no, we've only been coming to class since December and have talked to you multiple times and have even sat by you in class before and were here when you announced you were pregnant and so on and so on." Ok so I didn't say that but I wanted to. Crazy huh? Still can't figure it out. Anyways...after church we always go to Ozona's, like I've said before, except this time it was much sweeter. I asked the waitress to take our picture, when she looked at me a little weird I told her that it has been our weekly Sunday tradition to eat there for the past 3 years. She then smiled and gladly took our picture. You would think we would get tired of eating at the same place week after week but we literally crave it while were in church. Addison always gets the breakfast tacos and I get the strawberry pancakes.

Crazy how times flies.

Today was my second to last final and Addison's last. He is officially done with school forever! I am so jealous. I still have one more final tomorrow morning at 8:00 and then it's may mini-mester time on Thursday online for 2 weeks. It seems like school never ends for me. Lord, give me strength to keep going!
Addison setting up his last "buyback location" today
The rest of today and tonight will be spent studying. Tomorrow I will be cleaning and working on Mother's Day gifts. Parent's come Wednesday, parents in law come Thursday, Addison graduates Friday, leaving after graduation to move Abe into him and Court's Corpus Christi home, coming back to College Station, flying home...well you get the picture, it is a busy time for us.

We cannot wait to close on our house and move in and start renovating. It seems like the light at the end of the tunnel right now. Pray that we get through this next week without hyperventilating.
Our not-so-perfect, perfect little house. Thanks sweet sister-in-law for taking this for us!
We hope you have a blessed week! {take a nap and watch a movie in bed for us}

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on your new home! being a homeowner feels so good! lots of work, but definitely worth it :)

    ReplyDelete