Thursday, April 25, 2013

Our New Kitchen

Have I told you how much I love my new kitchen? I thought it would take a lot longer for us to start re-doing our house, I mean buying a house was enough but to redo a whole kitchen?  Well we did it and I am so so happy we did.  Some of things that we learned by doing that was 1) It is a lot more work than we thought. 2) It was a little bit more expensive than we thought. 3) Don't sweat the small stuff.  All in all, it was a great experience and I am over-the-moon happy how it turned it out.  

To give you an overview, the front of the cabinet doors were redone by adding trim and breadboard so we did not have to replace all of the cabinetry.  (Pinterest idea)  We of course painted all of the doors and added new hinges and pulls.  We pained the kitchen a creamy grey color that my mom had left over in her garage that goes perfectly with our granite and tile floors.  Speaking of the floors, we bought our tile in bulk on sale and plan to use the extra for the bathrooms in the future.  The granite was a sample that Ashlee, my sister-in-law, had picked out for her house, but she did not use it.  I ended up loving it and it is what is in my kitchen now.  Addison and his dad built a table and benches so we finally have a place to sit and talk at the beginning and end of our day.  We made a cut-out for the refrigerator, which was literally in the middle of the kitchen.  There is still soooo much to be done in my book, such as hang things on the walls, curtains and what not but here are a little before and afters....










A panoramic of the (almost) finished product.  I will get a close up of the granite and hopefully a few other pictures this weekend when we work on it a little bit more.  
I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment