Saturday, August 23, 2014

Four Months!

Four months old (a month late)...I can't believe it.  Month four has brought SO many fun things and a few not so fun.  
First things first...sleeping!  I think I could have qualified for zombie status all of month four.  I thought you were supposed to start sleeping better as you get older?  Well, not my little girl.  I still don't know if this is due to all of the changes you have been going through lately, a growth spurt or just being plain stubborn like your daddy mommy.  Anyways, your record for most times waking up in one night as been bumped up to seven.  You only nursed one of those times and all the other ones you woke up crying, wanting your pacifier or wanting to be held.  I still try to not let you cry too much in the middle of the night during the week because you are sleeping in mommy and daddy's room and I don't want to wake up daddy.  In a few short weeks we will be  moving in to the "barn apartment" and you might just have to start learning to get yourself back to sleep in the middle of the night since you will have your own room again.  After that long, long night, you woke up and about an hour later we both went back to sleep for three hours.  I have never been that tired before, but little girl, you are worth it.  
I often fall asleep burping.
Just in the past week, your sleeping has gotten a little bit better. We have transitioned you out of your swaddle and into a sleep sack.  I also put you on your tummy to sleep now, which I think is helping you stay asleep because you can't hit yourself in the face as easily.  You still wake up once to nurse and about two other times because you lost your paci.  I dream of the day you sleep all night.....
I occasionally drink a pumped bottle.
I love to eat my socks and feet.
You have gotten a lot better nursing schedule this past month, eating about every 3 hours.  If we ever get off the three hour schedule, I just try and make sure you eat between 4:30 and 5:00, that way you'll eat really good pumped bottle right before bed, around 8:00.  Sometimes this means scrunching two feedings together, but you never mind.  You still only nurse 5 min on each side, but I guess that's enough because you are chunking up pretty nicely!
You are in 3 month, 3-6 month and all 6 month onsies and sleepers.  All of the clothes we got from the shower stop at about 6 to 6-9 months so mommy is actually going to have an excuse to start buying you an outfit here and there. :)  You are still in size 2 diapers but who knows for how long!  
Bath time is getting to be more and more fun.  If we can get it in early enough in the night, I splash your feet and hands in the water, let you play with your rubber duck and pour water on your hands.  If it's after 7:30, we usually wash you up, put your sleeper on, and get you fed and in bed!  I can't wait 'til you can sit up on your own and we can play even more.  
You are still full of energy!  You constantly have those arms and legs moving all the time.  You still take about four hour long naps a day because you expend so much energy when you are awake!  You have been rolling over from your tummy to your back for a while now, but you rolled from your back to your tummy for the first time the day you turned four months old!  We get so excited at every little or big thing you do.  It is like the world has stopped and you are all that matter.  Your giggles are becoming more frequent and you still smile at whoever will talk to you.  You are, however, becoming a little more attached to mommy and usually will know where I am when someone else has you.  
You are an absolute delight to be around.  We love you to the moon and back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment